Don’t worry I am only about a month later on this! Wow, thank you for the Liebster Award nomination “My Dink-ish Life”. It is reassuring to know I am not alone in my infertility journey and I have people reading my rants and supporting me along the way! I am happy to accept this nomination, though the questions were hard I think this is a fun way of getting to know me a little better. I welcome anyone of you to continue to ask me questions beyond the ones I will be answering below.
Following are my answers to the questions “My Dink-ish Life” asked me.
If you could vacation anywhere, where would it be and why?
Somewhere on a beach in Europe. Having already been to Poland the history, lifestyle and architecture left me in awe. Mix that with a large mass of water and I would be in heaven; there is nothing more relaxing than sitting next to water on a sunny day J.
What is the best gift you have ever given someone?
I try to be a thoughtful gift giver. I would say my best gift to date went to a friend for her wedding. I took her favorite family recipes written by her mom and had them transferred on to kitchen towels. She cried when she opened the gift assuring me it was a good one! Thank goodness for Pinterest!!
If you could have one super power, what would it be?
A hard one! We will go with the power to time travel. It would be so great to be able to go back, not to change the past but to spend time with loved ones who have since passed, or relive an amazing moment in your life.
If you could meet any celebrity (alive or passed) who would it be and why?
Betty White, she seems down to earth, personable and oh so funny!
What makes you unique?
Haha I always hate this question (no offense), I am a pretty low key person and can’t usually pick things that make me all that unique. We will go with the fact that I am a hard read. I am told my often emotionless face and quiet demeanor makes me hard to figure out. Most people who don’t know me will admit they fear me. Once I am better known people are always shocked to find I’m easy going and not the B**** they thought I was. I personally find this funny and intriguing.
What inspired you to create a blog and what do you hope to gain from having one?
I use my blog as an outlet for my thoughts. I have always been one to overanalyze and have never been able to let much go. When I write I feel those negative thoughts and emotions lift away; easing my mind making me a happier person.
Name something you learned in school that you have never used in the real world.
Anything in shop class (yes this was a required class). No, I will never need to know how to carve wood into a go cart or make a bridge out of toothpicks and glue…..
Which songs would be on the soundtrack of your life?
Chantal Kreviazuk | Time
If you won the lottery what would be the top 3 things on your agenda?
- Build my dream house on a plot of land
- Take a vacation
- Donate to a charity
If you could personally witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
I am sorry I have no idea….
Nominations were hard as almost all of the blogs I follow have already been nominated but, the following is more than deserving!
Your questions are as follows:
- What is your dream job?
- If you had one day to live over again, what day would you pick?
- If money and time was no object, what would you be doing right now?
- What was the best gift you ever received?
- Name one thing you really like about yourself
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- What is that one song you hear that immediately sparks a vivid memory, what is the memory that goes along with that song?
- What is your life motto?
- If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why?
- If you had the power to change one problem in the world today, what would that problem be?
How to play
If you choose to participate (why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome), no pressure, here are the rules to “accept” it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer the questions above.
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)
Once you have accepted your MAJOR award by writing and publishing your “acceptance” speech, you then should inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award. Also, you might want to provide a link for them back to this post or your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)